Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Payment in Guinness

Sitting on a dock on lake washington is damn nice, and i like the freeway right where it is, thank you. The freeway is, of course, the reason people like me can afford to live here. The place was built in the mid 40s, and its so damn pretty there is no way a shmuck like me could rent here, but the dice of brilliant urban planning fell my way.

Stressed out? Have a PBR master cylinder ( or tall boy, if your prefer ) and watch the traffic stopped, making all sorts of interesting mechanical sounds, on the bridge. Wonderful.

Also, I grew up next to a freeway, so I think the sounds that come in my window at night make me feel right at home.








If you know me, and are thinking "i wonder if matt would let me crash at his place if i come visit seattle" the answer is yes. I accept payment in Guinness. Except for Alex Denny. If anyone sees that fellow, please tell him that I will buy him many the pint if he makes it out this way. Bribery has its place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I will gladly pay in Guinness. The only problem is the trip out there. I don't know if the airlines take Guinness?

You seem to be having more fun than I am. I hope you get that sculpture moving. With a helmet. And a front brake!