Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I usually try to avoid posting the newest horrific political story here, especially because i end up getting embarrassed with my anger and taking them down, but here is an important one.



A blogger read this chart as meaning that 44 of our senators 'hate the Constitution and basic civil rights'. I would say that those senators certainly disqualified themselves from ever holding a government job of any type again, but not because they hate the constitution. They don't hate it, they just think it's unnecessary.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yar har har, mateys! Avast, Senators and Congressmen - stand and deliver me civil liberties!

Oh. You say "Talk Like A Pirate Day" was yesterday?

But it's still dubloons, dubloons for votes on the floor of the House and Senate. Pieces of Eight and bundles of checks for $2,300.

Isabel said...

speaking as an ex-pat who is too often shamefully out of the political loop, i appreciate the postings that give me yet another reason to me ashamed of my homeland. maybe it's counterintuitive, but it's true. keep it up.