Friday, March 21, 2008

At work, a 1978 Dodge pickup that looked a whole lot like this Ford was parked inside the breezeway when I walked up. Only, to make things better it had a perfectly matching topper on it, and the big vintage dodge ram hood ornament. It also had a huge motorized winch on a beefed up front bumper, and a big add-on rear bumper that doubled as a tool chest. The owner was inside, and because it was so pretty and in perfect condition everyone was standing around it when she came out.



Now I don't know exactly what I was expecting, but an 80 year old woman with a sharp tongue was not at the top of the list. She starts laying into one of the guys who was touching the hood as soon as she comes out the door. "hey buddy, get off my paint huh? whaddaya think your doin'?" "pretty darn nice, eh?" (appreciative nods all around) "well, thats cause I take care of it myself!"

Then she starts talking about the engine and I get lost picturing this five-foot-three woman clambering into the cab and tearing off to wherever she is going, driving all the way home over the tops of Toyota Priusis.

No comments: